Monday, July 20, 2009

Burdens


Everyone of us goes through battles; its a part of life that we can not run away from. Some do not have the courage to face these battles so they will try to find a way out either by cutting their lives short or by doing something that they will certainly regret later. I have been a very fearful person; the past 2 weeks have proved to be very challenging and I realized that if I had been wise enough to look at these challenges as opportunities, then perhaps I wouldn't have had some needless battles.

I became very anxious and rather insecure too; even when I prayed I could tell that I didn't believe anything was going to change. Question is, "what happened?"

Well, I have been given a lot of responsibility at work and if you work for a radio station, you know its a 24 hour job. I'm responsible for monitoring the station's content and unfortunately or maybe fortunately, its a whole lot of content. You will agree with me that in every organization you have people who are good at what they do and strive to do better but you also have people who think they know it all and they always seem to make mistakes.

It just so happens that its when these mistakes kept being made, I wasn't monitoring the station and I blamed myself for it. I realized I had to be more efficient and being a typical perfectionist, I got really worked up, even questioning whether i should continue holding this position. Looooooooooool...I can be very hard on myself sometimes.

This weekend, I chose to spend time listening to the Word of God and I must say I have been strengthened. I have been reading my Bible as a part of my routine and I guess at a certain point, I was getting bored. However, God didnt give up on me, He kept reminding me through His word to cast my burdens on Him so that He would sustain me but I felt too busy to tell Him everything, choosing to fight my battles myself. Well, it didn't work.

Thank God for His mercy, I have been doing just that, I feel my burdens lighter and I find it pertinent to remind you of this beautiful verse from Matthew 11:28-29.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls"

No comments:

Post a Comment